Are you dealing with problems while trying to activate HBO Go on your device? You are not the only one who is facing this issue, but there are many like you facing the same problem. To get rid of this issue, kindly read the below-mentioned blog post.
HBO GO works well with a number of devices, let it be PlayStation 4, Samsung TV and Android TV. If you own one of these devices and looking to activate HBO Go in the right manner.
What problems related to HBO GO activation are experienced by people on PlayStation 4 will be discussed now. If you want to activate HBO GO on PS4, then click on ‘HBOGo com activate’ link and follow the instructions that you see on the screen. If you facing any issue while activating the application, then here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Remove the app or you can say HBO streaming service from the device.
- Reset the PlayStation to the default settings.
- Download the HBO Go app again.
- Open the app and try connecting to its server.
Issues on Android TV:
If the same activation issues of HBO Go service are faced on Android TV, then first try to resolve it by clicking on ‘I can’t activate my device’ link, else follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips.
Step 1: Clear the cache memory and data
- Switch on the TV and click on ‘Settings’>Apps.
- Go to download folder and search for HBO Go.
- Open the app and click on ‘clear cache’ option from there.
- Click to delete the data from the app even.
- Tap ‘Ok’ to confirm your submission.
- Try activating your app now. If the same problem still exists then move to next troubleshooting step.
Step 2: Uninstall and download the HBO Go app again
- Go to ‘Settings’ from the Android TV home page.
- Open ‘apps’ and go to HBO Go app.
- Click to uninstall it from your device.
- Go to google play store and download the app again from the store. You can activate HBO Go Roku in the same way.
Try activating HBO GO now if the problem still exists then you are good to go further.
Step 3: Reset your Android TV
Occasionally, resetting the device may solve the activation problem on of your HBOGo activate. To reset the Android TV, turn off your TV and wait for 5 minutes until all the memory gets refreshed. Now turn it on and check if the problem is solved or not.
Activation issues on Samsung TV: To solve the activation problem on Samsung TV, you can go to HBO GO account or follow the below mentioned ways.
- Uninstall/re-install the app: Follow the on-screen instructions of your Samsung TV to uninstall the app from your device. Once uninstallation process gets completed, turn off your TV and clear the memory of your TV by deleting all the temporary files from the device. Now update the OS version of your Samsung TV by visiting the official Samsung web page.
- Reset the settings to factory default settings.
- Now download the app to your TV from the app store. In case you are using Apple TV, then you can get the HBO GO Apple TV
- Try activating the HBO Go service now, if the same problems arise again, then go to next step
Reset Samsung TV: Resetting the TV to default settings may fix the problem. To reset your TV, open the Samsung web page and update your Samsung TV OS from there to the latest version.
Install the App on your TV and activate your device now. If you failed to get success, then go to next step for further troubleshooting.
Disconnect your Samsung TV: Unplug your TV from the power source for 3 minutes and connect it to the power again.